Pre-requisite: If you have not signed up for an account, please click here and follow the instructions.
1. Log into your account and navigate to Profile -> POS Terminals/API
2. Click the “APIs” tab
3. You will see 5 text boxes: Label, Success URL, Callback URL & Notification Email, Confirmations
- Label : Name you give to identify the API. Give a meaningful name.
- Success URL: URL you provide after a successful transaction is made. Your customer will be redirected to the page when the payment is successfully confirmed e.g. www.abccompany.com/successfulpayment.
- Callback URL: URL that handles a REST-ful POST request. Coinpip will send a HTTP/HTTPS POST request with an encrypted JSON message to this URL whenever any transactions are made. To decrypt and parse the JSON message, read the following post – How to setup callback (this field is only for developers that want to implement the more advanced features of CoinPip)
- Notification Email: Email address where notification is sent to when a successful payment is made
- Confirmations: A number that indicates the total confirmation needed before the callback URL is activated. It is usually the case to input 3 confirmations. This means that once the bitcoin transaction have received 3 confirmations , the system will activate the callback url.
4. Fill up the form to serve your needs, and click “Add New API”.
5. Two keys are generated : API AES-256 vector and AES-256 key. Please record the details to a reliable source.
The keys are used for decrypting the JSON message that we send to the Callback URL.
If you have misplaced the keys/ your keys are jeopardized, please create a new api.
6. Under “Existing API List”, you will see the API key you have created.
Congratulations! You have successfully setup the API. The next step is to setup the online store.
If you need help to setup up your online store, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org.